Crafty Gourmand Christmas Hamper
Out of stock. Please email us at [email protected] to be notified when back in stock.
Tap Social and Proof Social Bakehouse have teamed up with our friends at Missing Bean Coffee Roasters and Cranston Pickles on this exclusive Christmas hamper that celebrates independent, socially minded Oxford businesses — and of a few of our favourite finer things in life.
Packaged in a custom gift box sealed with a seasonal Tap Social sticker, the Crafty Gourmand Christmas Hamper is full of cans, caffeine, and glorious glorious calories. Honestly, who wouldn’t love to find this under the Christmas tree?
Every hamper includes:
– 1 bag of artisanal coffee beans from Missing Bean Coffee Roasters, an independent Oxford-based coffee shop and roaster specialising in sustainably sourced coffee
– 1 170g jar each (two total) of handmade piccalilli and sweet chili jam from Oxford-based Cranston Pickles, your homemade, sustainable, tasty little pickle factory
– 1 small coffee keep cup from Proof Social Bakehouse, Tap Social’s wholesale bakery and cafe located in our old brewery in Kennington, just off the River Thames
– 2 bags of small-batch chocolate bark from Proof Social Bakehouse
– 1 can of Time Better Spent from Tap Social (5.1% IPA)
– 1 can of False Economy from Tap Social (4.8% Lager)
– 1 can of Jobsworth from Tap Social (3.5% Session Ale)
– 1 can of Cell Count from Tap Social (4.5% American Pale Ale)
– 1 can of Inside Out from Tap Social (5.5% Oatmeal Stout)
– Free delivery
To receive by Christmas Eve:
– Order by Monday, 19 Dec (nationwide shipping)
– Order by Wednesday, 21 Dec (local delivery)
Tap Social Movement are makers of criminally good beer that’s breaking down barriers for ex-offenders.
People who’ve been in contact with the law face a difficult transition back into life outside prison. Add to that an exclusionary labour market – it’s hard finding long-term secure employment when you have a criminal record – and you can see why so many ex-offenders get locked in a cycle of reoffending.
Tap Social Movement’s beer helps people escape that cycle. They train ex-offenders and prisoners on day-release to craft their brews, develop new skills, learn about running a small business and get real work experience. Trainees also get one-on-one support in securing permanent employment, including help with CVs, interviews and career planning.
Several people who joined Tap Social Movement from prison are still part of the team, while many others have gone on to sustainable employment elsewhere. So by cracking open one of their beers, you’re setting some real long-term ripples of positive change in motion. Worth raising a glass over, right?
These beers do good and taste great. The core Tap Social Movement range has bold pale ales, lagers, stouts and sour beer, with names that play on their social mission. You might like to sip on a Time Better Spent IPA, False Economy Lager or Inside Out Stout.
Even the cool and colourful labels are impactful. They feature artwork from prison artists and facts about the broken penal system and how we can all help fix it.
If you’re in Oxfordshire, we recommend popping in for a pint at one of their three venues too. The beer, community spirit and inspiring conversation about the criminal justice system are always plentiful.