Points to note:
- Large size fits adults
- Small size fits children and youths (We advise that people of a petite size consider a small – we have added measurements in the images section)
- Reusable and machine washable
- Made in Europe of 100% recycled material (excluding elastic straps)
- Wash before use
- 25 x PM 2.5 filters with each order
- PM 2.5 filters are not reusable
- Internal pocket for filters
- Suitable for personal use in generic/public environments
- We recommend swapping filters after 69 hours or after 1 month
- Each mask comes with 3 x adhesive aluminium strips which can be used as a nose bridge if required
Maask have designed our reusable, recycled face masks to create a barrier from particles generated by the wearer (spit, mucous) and a barrier for the wearer from the immediate environment they are in. As such, they can be used as barrier protection for a care giver and for a someone who is ill to help them prevent passing on illnesses*.
N.B. hese are not surgical grade masks and should not be used as such. These masks are meant to provide a high level of protection from the transmission of water droplets and other airborne irritants. They are suitable for the general public using them for added protection in public settings such as crowded city centres, public transport, airports, shops and parks/beaches/beauty spots etc.
What are PM 2.5 Filters?
PM 2.5 filters are a special type of high-purity polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membrane filter designed to capture micro-particulates which are present in the air. They are similar in grade to an FFP2 mask which can help users protect themselves from airborne irritants and microbial matter.
PM 2.5 filters protect against:
- Industrial pollution
- Vehicle emissions
A cross section of a PM2.5 filter can be seen below:
Will a face mask with a PM2.5 filter protect against COVID-19?
There is a lot of ongoing study in this area at present and the worlds authorities do not have a definite answer at present. Being a socially responsible corporation, Maask do not think it is fair to sell our face masks off the back of fear from this coronavirus.
However, there is a considerable body of research that suggests wearing a mask with a micro-filter in confined public settings (gym, shopping, public transport etc.) greatly reduces the risks of inhaling bacteria.
Worldwide, many senior health officials from countries like China, Italy and the USA agree and have begun advising all citizens to wear a face mask when in public settings during the outbreak of COVID-19.
*Please note that although our masks are an effective barrier when used correctly. We cannot guarantee that they will stop the spread of infection of illnesses between individuals as environmental factors play a large part in disease/virus transmission.