Here at Social Supermarket HQ, we have been curating our favourite self care tips to help you take some time out for yourself… first up baking!
For ease and deliciousness in a pinch, try out the best brownie in the world kit from our friends at Refuge. They’re super easy to make and just absolutely delicious!
If you fancy being a bit more creative, we’ve got a delicious (vegan) recipe for you for some mini chocolate and raspberry tarts. Here’s the recipe (makes 7-8):
- 125g pecans or walnuts
- 80ml melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup 130g dates
- 130g oats
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder Pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease your mini tart dishes.
- In a food processor add the dates and pecans/walnuts and blend until there are no
chunks of dates left. Add the oats and blend again for a few seconds.
- Empty the mixture into a large bowl and add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup,
cacao powder and salt.
- Combine everything together before splitting the mixture between approximately 7
tart tins. Press the mixture down on the base and up the sides ensuring there are no
- With a fork make 4 holes (1 fork) into the base of each tart and then place the tarts
on a baking tray and in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile create the filling by adding the coconut milk to a saucepan on a medium
heat along with the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to melt and stir until smooth. Put to one side to cool completely.
- Once the filling has cooled fill the tarts up with it and put them in the freezer to set
for 1 hour.
- When ready to eat let the tarts warm up for 10- 15 minutes before removing from
the tins and topping with fresh raspberries and grated chocolate.
Keep In Touch
Did you enjoy reading this article? If so, please feel free to join our mailing list where we keep our members updated with the latest in the world of social enterprise!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.